Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Capo Gremlins

I think life after graduation is slowly coming together--at least for a few months. Right now it looks like I'll be moving back to Denver and living with a friend and her parents there. I'll be back about two weeks for graduation so I hope to get a head start on finding a job in that time. I don't have any plans past the summer yet, but I'm feeling good about living in Colorado through August right now. So that's good.

The theme of the next few weeks will be recording, recording, recording. I'm pretty excited about that. I just wish there was more studio time available. I have at least three or four more songs I want to get recorded before I leave which would mean I would leave with a total of seven or eight songs. I don't know where I'm going to find that studio time, but I'd like to try.

A few of us are going to Cincinnati Sunday to see Fitz and the Tantrums--I'm so excited! We covered one of their songs on tour in Tavis's set so it will be really fun to hear them play it. They're music is just so....fun. Gonna be a GREAT show.

Finally--I've been playing guitar a lot more recently. In fact, I've barely played the piano since tour. All my writing and fiddling around has taken place on the guitar. I'm developing some nice callouses for sure, but my fingers are really sore. I think it's helping my creativity to be on a different instrument where things sound and feel new still. Every time I sit at the piano, I just feel like everything I play sounds the same, it's impossible for me to come up with anything new. So guitar has been a welcome change. However, I swear their are gremlins in my guitar case that steal my capo because every time I open my case, the capo is missing and I have to go searching for it and always find it in the strangest of places. Damn you, Gremlins. Just lemme play.

No comments: