Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Eyelids Hate Me

Well. Scratch Track came and did a show here last night and it was pretty fantastic. Two guys doing some sweet stuff with beat boxing, loops and a guitar. Good show for sure.

I ended up staying up till 2 a.m. trying to record B3 for Tavis but we couldn't get it to work and so I went to bed around 2 or 2:30 and then got up to be back at the studio at 6:00 only I slept through my alarm and didn't get here till 6:30 but it was fine 'cause my tech slept through his alarm too and didn't get here till 7:00.

Currently, Tyler is working on guitar for Queen of May but having a hard time for it because the more we've rehearsed it, the more Rick has been telling us to speed it up so now the recording is definitely slower than we play it live and thus Tyler is having to completely redo his solo right now--at 7:45 a.m. I feel bad. Needless to say this recording session is not the smoothest we've ever had. But--we're working on two songs at once so we're definitely ahead of the game so it's okay I suppose.

Well. I really need to go find coffee.

No comments: