Thursday, March 10, 2011

Update of Sorts

I finally broke through two weeks of writer's block. It's been a really, really rough last two weeks. Quite a roller coaster.

*Boy issues. (Happy to report that I'm finally on the "not-worth-my-time-and-I-deserve-better" train.

*Kayleen rolled her car Monday night on the freeway headed back to BSU. Thankfully she's okay, but it was really scary to know that things could have turned out very different.

*Tour scheduling has come out and changed several times and at no one point has everyone been happy with the way things are. As it stands, I'll be performing the Queen of May song and I'm pretty excited about it.

A few good tid bits of news:

*Planning a tour with 5 other people from here on the way back to Colorado. We'll play basically across the country, stopping in Colorado for my graduation and continuing on to California to hang out at a friend's condo--go to the beach--and potentially play at the House of Blues. This tour will also include camping at Mount Rushmore and the Grand Canyon.

*I might get to see a few people from CCU because our tours (CMC and CCU band) overlap in Chicago this month.

*Kate from JillandKate (they do their own music and are Kelly Clarkson's back up singers) really like my song Red Lights and told me they've had it stuck in their heads since last weeks show. So that's really nice. That song was one of the ones Tom said I should get rid of. So--really glad I trusted my intuition on that.


I think things are hopefully finally looking up. It helps that I was finally able to write a song. I am going to be happy and the last few bad weeks won't carry over into the next few weeks. Well--I need to pay attention in class now--it could probably actually be beneficial to learn about publishing and copyrights.

No comments: