Saturday, May 29, 2010

Shadows

Welp. another song.

His broken heart in every lyric ever written
He is crushed every time she leads him on
There are no chains keeping him from walking away
So why he stays nobody knows


Move on he says he knows he should
But he’s afraid this is as good as it gets--no


Next time she says hello
Tell her goodbye for real
It might feel wrong but in the end you’ll see it’s right
‘Cause you’re hangin’ on too tight
To shadows in the night
It might feel wrong but in the end you’ll know it’s right

He’s halfway there took that first step out the door but
She cries I want you as my friend
Decision time will he take that next step away
He cries I’m not coming back this time

Move on he says he knows he should
Move on this time he’ll walk away--yeah

1 comment:

Talia said...

I really like this one Rissa! You inspire me! Like a lot! I love ya and keep writing!