Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week One of Real Life

Oh man. It's been a while since I've written anything. Whoops. Let my summarize:

I graduated on May 7th.
I am now a real adult.
That's scary.

I have a job at a sports center working in child care, running day camps and occasionally doing some birthday parties. I'm also trying to get a second job at CCU doing summer conferencing.

I'm working two jobs because I am a) scared that I won't be able to make enough money to be a real adult and b) because I want to move back to Nashville in the fall--and that is gonna take money. I wasn't so sure about moving back to Nashville, but Fleming of course made some good points when he said "I don't know why you wouldn't. You want to keep doing music--and that's where music is. You're not tied down in any way and this is the only time in your life you'll be able to do something like just pick up and move without a million other considerations." He's right. So--barring any life altering changes in the next few months, the plan is to end up in Nashville. I'm excited about that because there are CMC friends who will be living there as well and I just miss that community of musicians. What I have in Denver can't compare.

The fact that I graduated is surreal and seems almost menial. I don't feel like a different person for having graduated at all. I thought I was supposed to feel different. But I don't. I keep having to look at the pictures from last weekend to remember that it actually happened. Weird.

Lastly--I've been writing a little since I've been back, but it's hard. How do I know if the songs I'm writing are any good if I don't have anyone to play them for who will give me honest feedback?

No comments: