Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pen Snob

Alright. Time to update I suppose. Today is Wednesday and tomorrow is Thursday. Which means today is rehearsal and tomorrow is CMC Live. And I finally get to play again. Rehearsals have been kind of crazy because we've added in 3 hour blocks of recording sessions into our schedules and the frequently conflict with rehearsal schedules so it's kind of a mess trying to figure everything out. But--I'm feeling pretty good about my set. The biggest challenge isn't going to be the music though (even though we've had lots of issues to iron out in rehearsal). The biggest challenge is going to be me performing. I'm not play keys on any of these songs and I feel awkward and naked without my keyboard in front of me. It's easy for me to become hyper analytical of my singing and just stand on stage without moving a whole lot, gazing into the rafters. So the success of Thursday night really rides all on my ability to be a performer.

I've also realized that it's weird that it's weird that I write songs and sing. I think it's weird because I think I don't see myself as a singer or songwriter. I think I see myself only as a mediocre pianist. But--I think I AM a singer and a songwriter. I think if I can make the shift mentally, start to thinking about myself and claim myself as a singer and a songwriter it will make performing easier because I won't feel like a fool or a poser.

Mostly that's it for now. I went emotional shopping yesterday and bought....pens. Yes, I am a nerd.

No comments: