Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bananagrams

Last CMC Live tonight before tour prep starts. I'm doing two songs that I have done about 743.5 rewrites of. I'm pretty happy with the final outcome, but I'm pretty sure that out of all the people on stage with me tonight, I will be the one most unsure of how the song goes. We've only had two rehearsals and because of all the rewrites I get kind of confused about what the song actually is now. I forget the words to one song all the time. BUT--I will think positively about it and I'm sure it will be just fine. Anyway, just excited for the show in general tonight.

After the show, we'll have game tape Friday morning and then we'll find out what the tour lineup is going to be. Right after that we'll have an entire weekend of rehearsals and hammer time on Monday we'll just run straight through the set and then begin to make changes. Thursday we do the show again, rehearse again over the weekend, hammer time again Monday, the next Thursday will be a public show, rehearse over weekend, dress rehearsal Monday and then our first show is Tuesday. We have a nine day tour with tentatively seven shows planned so far. It's gonna be crazy awesome insanity. As soon as we get back--it's spring break time! Then a few more weeks where we focus mostly on recording and then........we're done. Wow. Time has and will continue to fly by. I don't know what my role will be on tour, but obviously I would hope to get to do a few of my songs. So we'll see on Friday I guess.

Lastly. I have recently discovered the game Bananagrams and I am absolutely addicted to it. It's pretty much always being played in our apartment anytime anyone is home now. I just love word games. I consider it an aid to my songwriting: vocabulary expansion or something. Good times.

No comments: