Thursday, April 21, 2011

Didn't know I was Lacking

I found support I didn't know I was lacking this semester. I have an amazing group of friends and mentors at CCU and I thought I was complete--that was all I needed. But I realized as we sat in a circle last night sharing our thoughts about the semester that I had found something I was missing before and I didn't even know it. The people here supported me in a way no one else has--it was about my music. People here actually had genuine interest in my music and what I wanted to. They were patient with me as I had an identity crisis and was Amy Lee one week, Carole King another and a female Damien Rice the next. Being supported here in that way made ME believe in my music and see myself as a musician, a singer and a songwriter in a way I never had before. This was exactly what I needed.

No comments: